Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One day.

One day, you’ll miss the hundred-times-a-day phone calls and the I-love-you-and-miss-you-so-much text messages. One day, you’ll understand why I picked fights with people who hurt you, even if you didn’t want me to. One day, you’ll miss hearing me fret over you, wanting to take care of you all the time. One day, you’ll understand why I kept on crying about how you never seemed to even try to be better. One day, you’ll miss me knocking on your door. Giving you corny love letters and wanting to spend time with you even after the longest and most tiring of days. One day, you’ll understand why I wanted you to learn to stand up for yourself, even if it meant coming up against the very people you loved so much. One day, you’ll miss me getting all jealous and shit over the ugliest of girls. One day, you’ll understand why I kept on picking fights over the silliest things—why I kept on telling you how afraid I was of losing you. One day, you’ll miss me loving you more everyday and missing a lot you all the time, and one day, you’ll understand why I stopped.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home